Re: [SI-LIST] : More Micro Noise;-)

From: [email protected]
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 13:08:23 PST

Adrian,

you must work at a large company.... Here the EMI guys does the design,
layout, software, sells it, empties the trash, etc.: Not quite but almost.
Yes, we work together very well, along with the design for test,
manufacturing, tech pubs, etc. folks.

On a board like this, the EMI guy negotiates the design with the design
engineer and the layout guy.... Very few engineers ( want to ) know how to
design for EMI. After 20 years of learning to fix EMI problems, I still
continue to learn. I suspect most design folks could never keep up with both
topics....

At 50 MHz SI issues are not too bad, EMI is problem from dc to daylight
though.