Re: [SI-LIST] : Comment on Johnson's article

From: [email protected]
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 04:38:21 PST

In a message dated 11/3/99 5:56:03 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> For this reason I don't usually
> seek capacitors with a super-low value of ESR. I stick
> with the cheap, cruddy, non-resonant kind of regular
> bypass capacitors (Z5U or equivalent) that don't harbor
> any resonant surprises.
>
> Best regards,
> Dr. Howard Johnson

I go along with this. I found on a larger device with four power pins ( they
were internally connected ) that caps with some loss to them performed
better. I put this down to them reducing "Current Sloshing" by adding some
loss into the network....

Anyone else seen this effect, found a better way to eliminate it?

Best regards,

Derek.