Re: [SI-LIST] : Recommendations for High Density PCB to PCB Connection

From: Gregg Fokken ([email protected])
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 07:22:18 PST

I thought the pitch would be 50 mils for an array connection and 12.5 mils
at the trace level (200 mils * 500 mils / 40 connections). Laurence - how
did you get to 2.5 mils/connection? I've used controlled impedance AMP
connectors that had an effective 12.5 mil pitch (two rows at 25 mil pitch
per row), however, with the connector housing I think you would be over
your allotted space. Might want to check AMP's web site in case they have
anything in a smaller form factor.

On Nov 3, 9:47am, Laurence Michaels wrote:
> Subject: Re: [SI-LIST] : Recommendations for High Density PCB to PCB
Conne
> Doug Piper wrote:
> >
> > I'm working on a new project that requires me to make 40 connections
from
> > one PCB to another in a space that's only about 0.2" x 0.5". Does
anyone
> > have any experience or recommendations for making a connection of this
> > density?
> >
> > Doug Piper, Woven Electronics, P.O. Box 189, Mauldin, SC 29662
> > PH 864-967-1751, FAX 864-963-1761, e-mail:
[email protected]

http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/si-list ****

>-- End of excerpt from Laurence Michaels

Gregg Fokken                Internet(email):  [email protected]
Mayo Foundation                       Phone:  (507) 284-5692
200 1st Street S.W.                     FAX:  (507) 284-9171
Rochester, MN  55905