RE: [SI-LIST] : Definition of Hi-Speed (UC)

From: Ingraham, Andrew ([email protected])
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 05:17:19 PST

>The starting clock frequency for high speed is F > 200 MHz/L, where L is
the
>longest length of the board, in inches.

If I were you, I would not be tempted to entertain ANY frequency as the
onset of "high speed", no matter how many caveats you attach to it.

Consider a system reset signal. Its frequency? Might be 1 cycle/year
(0.00000003 Hz) or lower. Is it in the realm of "high speed"? You bet! If
it rings like crazy and overshoots the dickens out of everything it touches,
it doesn't matter how many times a second you wiggle it.

Andy