RE: [SI-LIST] : Stopping Out of Office Auto Replies?

From: Heiko Dudek ([email protected])
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 08:53:37 PDT

If you're on UNIX, there's a way to filter the auto-reply. If your
vacation reply is active, there's a file called .forward in your home
directory. This will filter incoming mail, e.g.

 \heikod, "|/usr/bin/vacation heikod"

would send all incoming mail to the vacation program (which actually does
the reply).

Instead of sending incoming mail to the vacation program, you can direct
it to ProcessMail (/usr/local/bin/procmail). This UNIX executable can be
used for filtering, e.g. sending mail with [SI-LIST] in the subject line
right into the mailfile and not to the vacation program.

-Heiko