RE: [SI-LIST] : Stopping Out of Office Auto Replys?

From: Ingraham, Andrew ([email protected])
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 08:06:54 PDT

>Everytime I respond to an issue on the list, my inbox gets dumped on with a
>bunch of Out of Office auto responses. Am I doing something wrong or is
>eliminating my input the best recourse?

I'm afraid there's not much you can do. You didn't do anything wrong. We
are all getting the same junk.

The best recourse is to put up with it and trash them, or to forward them
all to the list maintainers and ask them to kindly remove the offending
subscribers from the list. Eliminating your input is NOT a good solution.

Some of these guys apparently set up their mail program to reply to EVERY
mail message they receive, rather than just the first one from you. So if
you send 20 messages during their vacation, they will send you 20 replies
telling you they are on vacation.

Regards,
Andy