RE: [SI-LIST] : Who are Thevenin and Norton?

From: Anderson, Robert G ([email protected])
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 13:58:56 PDT

Best I can do is initials -

This from my Hayt/Kemmerly Engineering Circuit Analysis text:

Thevenin is named after M.L. Thevenin, a French engineer working in
telegraphy, who first published a statement of the theorem in 1883.

E.L. Norton was a scientist formerly with Bell labs. (I remember my college
professor calling Norton a "glory grabber" since his theorem is really a
corollary to Thevenin's and is easily deduced from it using source
transformations.)

Regards,

Robert Anderson
Intel Corporation