RE: [SI-LIST] : Clean sheet of paper

From: Muranyi, Arpad ([email protected])
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 10:46:19 PST

Jon,

Interesting idea. But I wonder, even if you use capacitive coupling for
the I/O pins of the chip, you still need to connect the chips with some
sort of an interconnect. The question is: if the T-line is a bad thing
because it is a (large) parallel capacitance, what do you replace it
with to turn it into a series capacitance? Your example of the capacitive
pin or pad connection at the chip does not eliminate the conventional
T-line (and its parallel capacitance). How do you go about that?
Driving a large parallel capacitance (T-line) through a small series
capacitance (under the chip) is not going to get much of the signal
across the T-line to the other end...

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation