Re: [SI-LIST] : Clean sheet of paper

From: D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 15:04:44 PST

Jim Freeman wrote:

> You.ve just made the argument for more transistors on a chip to perform ops on signals that would normally go off chip for interaction. i.e.a greater level of
> integration.

Absolutely. That's a consequence of the scaling of ICs anyway.
Still, there are things that don't integrate economically for whatever
reason (multiple gigabytes of DRAM come to mind.) For them we need to
squirt signals between chips and AFAIK there weren't any 3.3 v mandates
handed down at Sinai.

D. C. Sessions