RE: [SI-LIST] : Passivity of a Linear System

From: Mckinley, Jory ([email protected])
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 11:49:40 PST

Hello Christian,
Off the top if your linear system contains poles that are negative then you
may have an active system (for example negative resistance in an RC filter
low pass filter). A causal system requires an input(s) stimulus to cause a
response so I am not sure if you can tell from the transfer function alone.
Enjoy,
Jory