RE: [SI-LIST] : si-list test

From: Franck Thierry (franckt@eicon.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 12:47:56 PST

Gentlemen,

I have a basic question regarding SI. We're beginning to control the
impedance on our boards (due to the increase of the clock frequency), but I
have the following question: How do you define the impedance ? It's not
clear for me today where this value is coming from. PCB designer said the IC
vendors shoud give me this information, IC vendors say to use a SI software
and to work with PCB designer, but I have to say I'm lost in this. Maybe one
of you could help me on that ?

Franck