RE: [SI-LIST] : Star connection termination

From: Abe Riazi ([email protected])
Date: Sat Nov 27 1999 - 09:27:49 PST

       Hi Massimo:

      I like to correct a typographical error in my earlier post. The
publication date for the paper by S. Kauffer and K. Crisafulli, is March
1998 (not March 1988).

     The article by Kauffer and Crisafulli offers worthwhile reading for
anyone interested in the subject of termination.

     It discusses several termination schemes (including series,
parallel, AC and diode) and to what type of routing topology they
apply.

     In regard to star routing, it points out that if the branches are
well balanced (in terms of characteristic impedance and delay) it is
possible to use a single resistor. However, for unmatched branches it
is undesirable to use a single resistor on the trunk, instead one
resistor per branch should be used.

    Regards,

    Abe