[SI-LIST] : RE: Models & EDA Vendors

Dima Smolyansky ([email protected])
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:33:36 -0800

Charles, Scott:

I believe you can model packages and boards very accurately using TDR =
measurements. If you can deconvolve the true impedance profile from the =
TDR waveform, you can create a pretty good limited only by the incident =
rise time of your TDR instrument (which can be under 20ps). We have =
developed software that does exactly that - models the interconnects =
from TDR measurements, and verifies the model through integrated =
interface to a circuit simulator. We currently are SPICE based, but it =
is my understanding that there are very good SPICE to IBIS converters.

If you want more information, check out our web site or e-mail me.

Thanks,

-Dima
=3D=3D=3D
Dima Smolyansky