Re: [SI-LIST] : Differential impedance

Danwei Xue ([email protected])
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:17:57 -0800

I read Doug's article, one thing not clear is why Z11 = Z0? I don't think they are equal.

Z0 is the impedance of the single transmission line, while Z11 is the impedance of one of the lines of the two
coupled transmission lines. Z11 should be definted as the impedance with respect to BOTH ground and the
other line. Do you think Z0 will not change with another line near it? No, definitely not!

Therefore, I believe they are not equal.

Danwei