RE: Re[2]: [SI-LIST] : USB & LVDS Differential signals routing

West, Todd ([email protected])
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 09:04:15 -0800

John,

I'm not sure there are a whole lot more hits to give as far as USB goes, and
I'm sure others on the list can do a better job with respect to LVDS than I.
USB signal traces are strictly point-to-point, with all fan in/outs done in
silicon behind the USB transcievers, so there's no reason you'd route a Y on
the data lines.

NRZI is just non-return to zero inversion coding---you can implement it on
almost any signaling technique, regardless of wether it's faux differential,
true differential, or single ended. For USB's implementation of NRZI and
USB signaling and termination details, download the 1.1 USB spec from the
tech docs section of www.usb.org/developers/, if you haven't already done
so.

If you have other USB implementation questions, please post to the USB
developers webboard (you can find it at the URL above) or email just me
directly; we're getting off-topic as far as SI-List goes.

Todd