Re: [SI-LIST] : IBIS Model Verification

Weston Beal ([email protected])
Mon, 14 Sep 98 08:59 CDT

> From: Abe Riazi <[email protected]>
> To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
> Cc: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
> Subject: [SI-LIST] : IBIS Model Verification
> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:15:13 -0700

CHOP

> It is interesting to note that before simulating a models as a
> "driver", it requires
> "calibration" (in addition to verification) to obtain the proper
> Time_To_Vm value. Simulations
> using uncalibrated driver models will yield incorrect timing parameters
> (for example false
> flight time values).

TIME_TO_VM is QUAD syntax, not IBIS. As Abe stated, this is very
important, actually required, in order to get correct timing from
simulation. The TIME_TO_VM in QUAD models implicitly includes the
timing reference load which is described explicitly in IBIS with Vmeas,
Cref, Rref, and Vref. I can understand why these parameters are
optional in IBIS, but I strongly believe that the parser should issue a
warning if they are absent. I constantly get IBIS files with no timing
reference load. I think that most IBIS creator don't know what these
parameters are for, and leave them out because they are optional. For
timing simulations they are ESSENTIAL! Required! Imperative! Did I
mention they're important?

If you create IBIS files, please, oh pretty please, include the timing
reference load parameters, Vmeas, Cref, Rref, and Vref on all drivers.

Thanks,
Weston Beal