Re: [SI-LIST] : Inductance vs. frequency

[email protected]
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:38:00 -0500

I can't give you an absolute answer, but it looks constant from 0 to 10=
KHz
and rises approximately as the square root of frequency from 100KHz to =
10MHz.
That's about what I would expect from skin effect.

Hi, interesting data.

One quesiton, the resistance goes up 10X from DC to 10MHz, isn't that t=
oo high ?

/frank
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
To: si-list(a)silab.eng.sun.com <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, April 23, 1998 10:25 AM
Subject: RE: [SI-LIST] : Inductance vs. frequency

I have some inductance data on 22 gauge high capacity twisted pair tel=
ephone
cable.
parameters are Hz, ohm/mile, mH/mile, umho/mile, uF/mile

f R L G C
0 166.8 .802 --- .0825
1K 166.9 .798 1.2 .0820
10K 168.6 .792 30.2 .0817
100K 209 .773 603 .0810
1M 545 .654 8900 .0808
10M 1725 .593 78400 .0808

The inductance in this data is at least qualitatively
similar to your data.

I believe this data was determined by measuring characteristic
impedence, propagation attenuation, and propagation velocity
and then calculating R,L,G,C to match the data.

=