[SI-LIST] : Re: attenuation calculations

Craig Callen ([email protected])
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:26:06 +0100

Hello Juliusz,

Sorry for some left out info. It is a dual stripline configuration with
the total ground seperation at 16.7mils, ground planes are 1/2oz Cu.
My calculations of 0.25dB/in. were at 1GHz and I also just started using
the quad
2D-field solver and these are the results I am receiving from the field
solver for
conductor 1.

Rs=0.372(ohm-nsec^.5)/in. (skin effect resistance)
Rdc=0.15881ohms/in.
C=3.674pF/in.
L=9.085nH/in.
Gdc=0 (I did not know the conductance of the dielectric for FR4 (sigma))
Gdl=0.066mS-ns/in. (dielectric loss conductance)

What are you inputting as the conductance for the dielectric?
What formula did you use to calculate 0.3827dB/in.?
Is there an easy way to figure out differential impedance from the
field solver?

Thanks for the info.

Craig Callen