Re: [SI-LIST] : viewing HSPICE results without awaves

Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 11:28:01 -0700 (PDT)

Mike-

We are doing something similar to what you request in
an automated web based application.

I have a small C program which was written by someone
as part of their university research that takes an Hspice
.ac0, .tr0, etc. file and converts it to a Matlab .mat file.

You can then read the .mat file into Matlab or Octave, perform
what ever post processing commands that are necessary and then
display your results via Matlab or Gnuplot in the case of Octave.
The resulting plots can also be output as postscript, rasterfiles
or what have you.

We find it a very powerful technique for custom postprocessing
simulation data and doing things with it that the Hspice vendor
never envisioned in awaves.

I can send you the C code for the conversion utility (and/or a
Sun executable if that will do you any good).

- Ray Anderson
Sun Microsystems Inc.
[email protected]