Re: [SI-LIST] : SI openings at Stratus else delete -- OBJECTIONS ...

Gary Fowler (
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:20:09 -0500

Murali Raj wrote:
> This is absolutely outrageous.
> I strongly object to this.
> Please do not make spoil the sanctity
> of a group to which people sign on for
> information and knowledge exchange.
> Not for receiving, as you very mildly put it,
> "junk mail".
> Its people like you who give the web a bad name.
> I hope you desist from such activities in the future
> and start using ethical means of finding people
> to work in your organization.
> On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 wrote:
> -->
> -->Sorry for the "junk" mail... but if any of you signal fidelity engin=
> -->are available... please read on:
> -->
> -->=3D=3D=3D=3D
> -->
> -->My name is Steve Mango and I am the hiring manager of the Analog and
> -->Signal Fidelity Group at Stratus (a fault tolerant computer design
> -->company) in Marlboro, Ma. I have openings for signal fidelity engin=
> -->to join my fast-growing team. I would prefer full time permanent
> -->engineers, but I am willing to consider contractors.
> -->
> -->My group must solve many high-speed technical challenges as we push
> -->clock and bus speeds >100MHz. I am looking for experienced signal
> -->fidelity engineers to broaden my group. [Note: These positions are =
> -->USERS of signal fidelity tools to solve complex problems, rather tha=
> -->for software developers of new software analysis tools.]
> -->
> -->* Help define/diagnose/solve complex signal fidelity problems (clock
> -->generation/distribution, interconnect design, timing, termination,
> -->decoupling, power/ground distribution, package/connector selection,
> -->etc.).
> -->
> -->* You should have at least 3-5 years experience in the signal fideli=
> -->and high speed digital design field.
> -->
> -->* You should have hands-on experience with modeling and simulating w=
> -->Quad Design tools (MOTIVE, XTK, TLC), SPICE (PSPICE and HSPICE),
> -->electromagnetic field solvers (e.g., Greenfield, Pacific Numerix,
> -->Maxwell 3D, etc). Candidate should be familiar with high speed board
> -->interconnect routers (Allegro and CCT router preferred). Experience =
> -->IBIS modeling and Interconnectix software is a major plus. Candidate
> -->should also be familiar with high speed test plan development, test
> -->measurements techniques and lab equipment (HP and Tektronix). Experi=
> -->with current high speed processors and multiple logic families is
> -->desirable. Other pluses are experience with custom ASIC cell design,
> -->phase lock loops, hot plug, FET switches, PCI Bus, SCSI bus, and
> -->web-based documentation.
> -->
> -->=B7 Education: BS degree minimum.
> -->
> -->It=92s an exciting time here at Stratus
> [...]

As a "Headhunter" who specializes in EMC and Signal Integrity engineers
I understand where you are coming from here. I have not, nor would I
choose to post searches on the si-list. However, I have only seen
these types of postings once or twice within the last year. Also, I
would advise you that information of this type will never hurt you. You
never know what the future may bring. Contacts are everything in this
business world.
Gary Fowler
Analog Solutions=20
7 Heather Trail=20