Re: [SI-LIST] : Modeling Package parasitics

D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:37:28 -0700

Mike Jenkins wrote:

> D. C. Sessions wrote:
> > Bondwires are actually very good inductors. The package itself
> > may be a PWB in implementation (consider BGAs). A good figure
> > for bondwire inductance is 40uH/in.
> > D. C. Sessions
> > [email protected]
>
> They're not THAT GOOD! Maybe 25-30 nanoHenries per inch, not
> 40 microHenries per inch. (I am sure you meant nH, but I didn't
> want to let any reader run off with a 1000x error in hand. :) )

I bow to no one in my ability to screw up publicly.

Would you believe one microhenry per 40 inches? (Note
that this is very close to your number). A mere displaced
decimal wouldn't be sufficiently stupid; I had to get
things TOTALLY hosed.

Thanks for the prompt correction.

--
D. C. Sessions