Re: [SI-LIST] : Differential pairs and place splits

Vinu Arumugham ([email protected])
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:17:18 -0800

It depends on the amount of coupling between the differential pairs. In
many implementations of differential pair traces, there is a tighter
coupling to the reference plane than between the traces. Since the bulk of
the return current would flow through the lowest impedance path ( in this
case the plane ), a split in the plane would remain a signal quality and
EMI concern.

Vinu