[SI-LIST] : OFF TOPIC: Junk Mail and what to do with it

Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 09:04:58 -0800 (PST)

To all si-list subscribers:

Please excuse the following off-topic digression. As you have
probably observed, another "spammer" has sent some commercial
advertisement material through the si-list mail reflector.
It turns out that si-list isn't the only technical discussion
list plagued with such occassional interuptions.

Maria Kelly who manages the HFSS list out of Herriot Watt
University in Edinburgh posted the following list of suggestions
to the hfss list on ways to deal with such intrusions.

Maria has given me permission to forward the message to si-list.
Hopefully some of her suggestions may be useful to si-list
subscribers who wish to do something constructive to stem
the flow of spam.

By the way, if you use HFSS (either HP or Ansoft version)
in your work and don't belong to the hfss list, you should.
Lots of good technical info and the signal to noise ratio
is at least as good as si-list if not better. The list
subscription address is: [email protected] (just place
'subscribe hfss' in the body of the message). The posting
address is: [email protected] .

Regards,

Ray Anderson