Re: [SI-LIST] : Transmission Line Analysis Software

Roland F. Portman ([email protected])
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:58:12 -0800

--------------E5F77B8FB2D30558FB5814BD

Aldo,

The Quad tool XTK has been around a while and I would believe fairly
accurate. I have not personally used the tool but did work with a
designer 4 years ago who did. It is very $$$ and it has a very steep
learning curve, re-learning curve and the results need a fair amount of
filtering and interpreting. TLC came out later and is not cheap either.
Perhaps someone in the si-list community will give some current first
hand information.

As for Hyperlynx LineSim, I really like it. It is simple to use, and
the results are fairly
accurate. I have not done any extensive correlation with the actual
results, but what
I have seen on the bench are fairly representative to the graphical
results. The difficulty
was getting the IBIS files from each of the vendors, but I did get
them. LineSim was
very good for pre-layout and and simple experimentation (what-ifs). I
quickly wanted to
feed back the actual layout of many traces and run the results in
BoardSim. For the mimimal cost (compared to Quad) I would not hesitate
to get the entire HyperSuite.
If you can sacrifice some accuracy for ease of use, HyperLynx is the
appropriate solution.

Roland Portman

--
Roland F. Portman
BiT Microsystems, Inc.

(510) 623-2341 Ext 129 (510) 623-2342 Fax

[email protected] http://www.bitmicro.com

--------------E5F77B8FB2D30558FB5814BD Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Roland F. Portman Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf"

begin: vcard fn: Roland F. Portman n: Portman;Roland F. org: BiT Microsystems, Inc. adr: 48499 Milmont Drive;;;Fremont;CA;94538; email;internet: [email protected] tel;work: (510) 623-2341 Ext 129 tel;fax: (510) 623-2342 note: www.bitmicro.com x-mozilla-cpt: ;0 x-mozilla-html: FALSE end: vcard

--------------E5F77B8FB2D30558FB5814BD--