re: [SI-LIST] : Guard banding

[email protected]
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 23:02:14 -0500 (EST)

I have a couple of questions regarding the grounded guarding bands. Hope
I can get some answers from this group.

(1) Does anyone aware of any formal analysis on the effects of grounded
guarding bands?

(2) Are there any design guidelines on when grounded guarding bands
should better be used?

(3) Are there any quantitative studies (either analytical or
experimental) on how the interval between grounding vias affects the
crosstalk between traces ?

Jiayuan Fang
[email protected]