Original Text
From: Chris_Heard/US/3Com%[email protected], on 9/19/97 8:06 AM:
To: smtp@Eng@EMCHOP1["Weber Chuang" <[email protected]>]
Cc: smtp@Eng@EMCHOP1["'Joachim Mueller'" <[email protected]>],
smtp@Eng@EMCHOP1["John Lin - TAO" <[email protected]>],
smtp@Eng@EMCHOP1["si-list" <[email protected]>]

FROM too long. Original FROM is
"Chris Heard/US/3Com" <Chris_Heard/US/3Com%[email protected]>

---------------------- Original Message Follows ----------------------
The PCB vendor must gather data that correlates the results of 2D
sectioning
and TDR results with a numeric 2D field solver. The reason is that effects
such as surface roughness, 0.3mil high "teeth" on the core material side of
the
trace, and crossed pattern bundles of glass weave are typically not
included in
most 2D solvers.

I know of one vendor where this worked very well until purchasing decided
buy core material from a different vendor, then the empirical plus
analytical
models became less accurate.

Chris