Re: [SI-LIST] : stackup impedance.

Torsten Maeser ([email protected])
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:28:33 +0200

John Lin,

I guess it is not possible to find equations which allow an accurate
calculation of configurations you described. I would recommend to use a
numerical approach, like Boundary Element Method, Finite Element Method,
or Method of Moments. On the market there are a lot of field solvers
available. In your case a 2D solver should be sufficient. INCASES offers
a tool based on the Boundary Element Method, which can efficiently be
used for calculations like this.

Torsten

Dr. Torsten Maeser

INCASES Engineering GmbH Tel: +49-5251-150-624
Vattmannstrasse 3 Fax: +49-5251-150-700
D-33100 Paderborn email: [email protected]
GERMANY