RE: Line Parameters of Twisted Cables ?

Brian C. Wadell (bcwadell@guidedwave.com)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 10:37:27 -0400

Bardo,

I have only seen articles for twisted pair. Not over ground plane. The =
twisted pair references are in my book. They are from Lefferson IEEE =
PHP-7, No. 4, Dec 1971 and Broxon, RF Design, June 1990.

Perhaps you could modify these analyses to get a starting point?

I have recently seen a paired line article which includes a conformal =
dielectric on the two wires which is a related problem, FYI.

Regards,

Brian C. Wadell
bcwadell@guidedwave.com

----------
From: Dr. Bardo Mueller[SMTP:mueller@ezis-ulm.de]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 1997 9:38 AM
To: si-list@silab.Eng.Sun.COM
Subject: Line Parameters of Twisted Cables ?

Dear SI engineers,

anyone out there having data/formulas or a handy tool for the=20
transmission line parameters (RLCG) and loss effects of twisted
cables (over ground) ?

Thanks for any pointer,

Bardo Mueller
Dr. Bardo MUELLER Temic TELEFUNKEN microelectronic GmbH
Bardo.Mueller@ulm.temic.de Design Center Integrated Circuits
Tel. +49 (0)731 505 1212 Wilhelm-Runge-Str. 11
Fax +49 (0)731 505 1314 D-89081 ULM Germany
=20