FORWARDED fro si-admin Re: Buried Capacitance

Ray Anderson (raymonda@radium)
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 16:22:48 +0800

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From /DD.id=0139127/G=Norman/S=Wong/@nt.com Mon Jun 3 16:04:39 1996
X400-Received: by mta NT.COM in /PRMD=NT/ADMD=MCI/C=US/; Relayed;
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 21:56:16 +0000
X400-Received: by /PRMD=NT/ADMD=MCI/C=US/; Relayed;
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 21:51:00 +0000
X400-Received: by /PRMD=NT/ADMD=MCI/C=US/; Relayed;
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 19:40:30 +0000
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 19:40:30 +0000
X400-Originator: [email protected]
X400-Recipients: non-disclosure:;
X400-Mts-Identifier: [/PRMD=NT/ADMD=MCI/C=US/;<[email protected]]
X400-Content-Type: P2-1984 (2)
From: Norman Wong <[email protected]>
To: Don Abernathey <[email protected]>,
Signal Integrity <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Buried Capacitance

Reply to: RE>Buried Capacitance

I took a course last year from Henry Ott and in his note he also mentioned this technology. There are two emission diagrams on his note showing emissions comparing normal PCB with 135 decoupling caps .vs. a buried cap PCB with no decoupling cap. I think the extraction is from Sisler, J., "Eliminating Capacitors From Multilayer PCBs,"Printed Circuit Design, July 1991. I hope this small piece of inform could offer some help.

P.S. I have no affiliation with Henry Ott or Sisler, J.

Norman Wong
Hardware Design Engineer
Nortel, Wireless Development Center, Calgary.
[email protected]