Re: SI- Termination Comment

[email protected]
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 08:42:08 -0400

Norman,

I have seem "bumping" on edges often. This will work:

8" .75" .75" .75" .75" .75" .75"
Driver________________dsp_____MMM_____dsp_____MMM_____dsp_____MMM_____dsp
10ohm 10ohm 10ohm

The catch is you need a board impedance of less than 50 ohms. e.g 10 mil trace
w/stack up of 5-plane-6-x-6-plane-5. where x adjusts to make up for board
thickness. BTW, the 245's have clamping diodes. If the DPS's don't you
will get large under shoots. You can play around with removing resistors and
changing the value for dsp to cpu communications, but this will work for
the CPU to dsp. You can get the resistors in packs too. The are other solutions
but I just happen to be working on the likes of this recently,

BTW this is a common problem for memory design.

Regard,
Rich Mellitz, NCR