RE: [SI-LIST] : Ibis models

Geoff Parker ([email protected])
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:10:32 -0700 (PDT)

Ok I agree with you here: Well behaved != correct.

What I meant by "Well behaved" (my own term not Viewlogic's or Ibis') was
a static, time-invariant, monotonic I-V curve which represents a single
transistor or diode stage. When a I-V curve has a non-monotonic region
due to a bus-hold circuit, it implies a dynamic state transistion. An I-V
curve should not contain any time-variant information.

In such a case I would break the stage into two parts, the primary I/O,
and the Bus Hold stage, and model each separately (with monotonic I-V
curves, V-T curves, etc.). Ibis supports this using Submodels.

# Geoff Parker [email protected]
# Software Engineer 805 988-8250
# Viewlogic Systems 1369 Del Norte Rd.
# Signal Integrity Group Camarillo, CA 93010