RE: [SI-LIST] : Ibis models

Geoff Parker ([email protected])
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:59:10 -0700

I just wanted to clarify a point in Abe's post. XTK can use
non-monotonic
curves under the restriction that the resulting _sum_ of the HIGH/LOW
curve with the shunts (SHUNTP & SHUNT) is monotonic. If an XTK curve
is non-monotonic, it should used the keyword NON_MON in the model.

Note the relationship between Ibis and XTK I-V curves.

Ibis XTK
------------------------ -----------------------
[Pullup] + [*_Clamp]'s = HIGH + (SHUNT + SHUNTP) (sum must be
monotonic)
[Pulldown] + [*_Clamp]'s = LOW + (SHUNT +SHUTNP (sum must be
monotonic)

It is common to find Ibis files with one or more non-monotonic I-V
curves.
Although the Ibis standard does not require monotonicity for the I-V
curves, the sum of the Ibis curves shown above should be mononotic for a
"well behaved" Ibis model (read correct). Chris Rokusek gave a good
explaination on why in a previous post.

The recent versions of the ibis2xkt translator do not modify the Ibis
curves to be non-monotonic unless absolutely necessary (e.g. the sum of
[Pullup] and [Power_Clamp] is non-monotonic, or interpolation requires
minor adjustments).

Best Regards,

# Geoff Parker [email protected]
# Software Engineer
# Viewlogic Systems 1369 Del Norte Rd.
# Signal Integrity Group Camarillo, CA 93010