RE: [SI-LIST] : return current distribution in diff pairs

tomda ([email protected])
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:50:31 -0700

Does this assume that the two wave fronts are exactly time coincident?
What happens if real world skew is introduced? What happens if the rise
and fall times are not symetrical?

Tom Dagostino

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Cheng [SMTP:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 3:01 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [SI-LIST] : return current distribution in diff pairs

.
no need to do fancy fttd. just use a simple free tool like fasthenry
from mit (in fact i think its in one of its example)
and u will notice when differential signals jump reference
plane, the image currents of the signals overlap each other and
travel along the edge of the plane and nearly cancel each other
out. the differential return loop is very small across the
boundary since the both current is force to travel with each other
(i.e. strong coupling and cancellation). i don't think differential
signals crossing boundary is a significant problem.
chris

si-list, for more help, put HELP. si-list archives are accessible at
http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/si-list ****