RE: [SI-LIST] : IBIS Model Libraries

Beal, Weston ([email protected])
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:50:58 -0500

Stony,

This could get into a religious discussion. It boils down to personal
opinion, belief, and some emotion. With that said, here is my opinion.

1 - keep a separate directory tree for development and testing from
published files.
2 - my development tree is organized as working/vendor_name/part/buffer.
The buffer level might not be needed if the vendor gave you the IBIS file.
3 - my published directory is for general consumption, so it is organized by
function. I.e. si_lib/function/part.ibs. If you plan to have a very
extensive library, you might want to add another layer of directories.
Using IS, I can see two very good ways to deal with published IBIS files. A)
set your ICX_IBIS_SEARCH_PATH to all the si_lib/function directories, or B)
each design engineer can copy all the IBIS files that he is using to a
directory in the design directory tree and set the ICX_IBIS_SEARCH_PATH to
that one directory.
4 - make sure you have a good way to keep IBIS files in the same directory
with the EBD files that call them. On unix, you could use links very
effectively to keep one master copy of the IBIS file for easy maintenance.

I'd be interested to know what you come up with. It might change my IBIS
religion, too.

Good luck,
Weston