Re: ASIC libraries Re: [SI-LIST] : IBIS models

D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:33:31 -0700

John Fitzpatrick wrote:

> The IBIS standard soes not *officially* cover one very important
> application:
> buffer libraries for ASICs or programmable devices.

Huh?

If you mean that IBIS applies only to packaged parts, I suppose you
could say that it doesn't apply to ASIC libraries. But that's at
least partly because until a cell is instantiated on a chip it's
not functional. In the sense that a [Model] in isolation isn't a
valid IBIS file and would fail the parser, you're right.

If, OTOH, you mean that IBIS doesn't provide a means to ship libraries
you're wrong. An IBIS model library can be provided as an include file
which can be imported by multiple package-level IBIS models quite neatly.

--
D. C. Sessions