RE: [SI-LIST] : Resistivity of IC routing

Lynne Green ([email protected])
Sat, 07 Aug 1999 09:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

Chris-

Depends on the foundry's IC process. Would not assume pure aluminum.
Would not assume that bulk values apply.

1) Planar processes are often layers of copper, aluminum, and other metals to
make the copper stick to but not penetrate the silicon.

2) The layers are so thin, even for aluminum, that surface effects can be
important, so the bulk value is at best an estimate.

Lynne Green
HyperLynx
[email protected]