Re: [SI-LIST] : Best type of models, edge rates & load

Adrian Shiner ([email protected])
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:04:27 +0100

Guys, you need to read ALL that I wrote very carefully, also not read what I didn't write! I did not say that the output driver has a fixed characteristic and the load is a simple capactive integrator type. The variation in impedance
at the output as it switches (infinite to zero or somewhere between) is considered in "..approximation to current or voltage source". How the driver impedance and the driven impedance interact when combined can't be determined
properly unless the driver impedance is defined. If the driver also sinks current, the same issue pertains. If the semiconductor manufacturers don't characterise this properly then simulations are going to be unreliable as switching
times shorten.
.