RE: [SI-LIST] : Noise Voltage levels vs. EMI levels

Grasso, Charles ([email protected])
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:24:35 -0600

The most ubiquitous phrase used for noise - EMI levels translation
is ground bounce. A term the experienced SI folks are very familiar with
I'm sure. Indeed the EMC folk spend a lot of energy minimizing
the noise that is developed across the ground plane inductance.

A general rule of thumb is that "noise" on the ground plane should
not exceed 300mV. (From Henry Ott - Noise Reduction
Techniques in Electronic Circuits.)
Thank you
Charles Grasso
StorageTek