RE: [SI-LIST] : even-odd mode influence

John Williamson ([email protected])
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:57:05 -0500

Folks,

A comment on HSPICE lossy coupled T-line accuracy. Be careful when using the
W-element.
We've found that the time and frequency domains do not agree. For example, a
set of extracted
RLGC parameters resulted in a frequency domain attenuation of -25dB at
10GHz. However when
the same model was used in the time domain driven by a 10GHz sine wave, the
attenuation was
only -8dB. We've found that this can be corrected by dividing the model up
into several shorter
ones. It's not computationally efficient, but it works fairly well.

Regards,

jw

John M. Williamson, 0V30, Electromagnetic & interconnect technology
Nortel Networks
(613) 763 3198, ESN 393-3198 E-mail: [email protected]