Re: [SI-LIST] : Which signal integrity tool to use

Scott McMorrow ([email protected])
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:53:54 -0700

One might be careful about comparing simulator accuracy to
Hspice, especially the w-element transmission line model.
It seems there are some issues with simulating frequency
dependent loss effect. With the latest release 99.2 they have
published an app note titled:

"Boosting Accuracy of W Element for Transmission Lines
with Nonzero Rs or Gd Values"

It is a very interesting paper.

Scott McMorrow
SiQual