Re: [SI-LIST] : Which signal integrity tool to use

Poulet P. ([email protected])
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:09:28 -0700

Jostein,

In EDN mag July 98 p83 you'll find an article about board level SI analysis. They is a table with price, kind of tool, platform from the main SI tool vendors. The paper is good to know what's in the market.

Hope it helps.

Jostein Pettersen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a signal integrity/EMC tool to use. HyperLynx seems to
> be widely used, and a price of about $10k seems reasonable to me.
>
> However, when I look at f.ex. ViewLogic's XTK, the price is about 10x
> that of HyperLynx. If these to tools comply to the rule that you get
> what you're paying for, then there is a lot of nice stuff that I cannot
> do in HyperLynx that I can in XTK or similar expensive signal integrity
> tools.
>
> Is my suspicion right? When is HyperLynx not enough? Are you guys out
> there generally satisfied with HyperLynx?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jostein Pettersen

> Jostein Pettersen e-mail: [email protected]
> Alcatel Telecom Norway A/S phone: +47 22 63 80 53
> Box 310 Okern fax: +47 22 63 81 80
> N-0511 OSLO, Norway

Philippe Poulet
Hardware Engineer