Re: [SI-LIST] : RF Design Question

Adrian Shiner ([email protected])
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 21:37:29 +0100

A thorough study of high frequency antenna types will assist you in understanding.

When you are playing with circuits having nano to pico second rise times then PCB track size, shape and spacing affect the circuit performance both as intended and as a "transmitter".

The days of the PCB layout just being a matter of squeezing all the bits into the available space have long gone. If you are designing products intended for use in the European Union, then I suggest you have a good look at the EU
EMC Directive and the associated generic harmonized standards for emission and immunity.

If you want to discuss this further, I am happy to assist.

Best wishes

Adrian