RE: [SI-LIST] : Edge Rates

Abe Riazi ([email protected])
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:14:26 -0700

Hi Ken:

The following table, which illustrates typical values for several
different technologies of logic families, may be of interest to you:

Advanced Schottky, Tr = 1.9 ns, Pd = 0.17 ns/in, Lc = 5.59 in;

BiCMOS, Tr = 0.7 ns, Pd = 0.17 ns/in, Lc = 2.06 in;

ECL, Tr = 0.5 ns, Pd = 0.17 ns/in, Lc = 1.47 in;

GaAs, Tr = 0.3 ns, Pd = 0.17 ns/in, Lc = 0.88 in;

Where, Tr represents the rise (or fall) time, Pd the propagation
delay, and Lc is the critical line length (i.e. minimum trace length
susceptible to signal distortion).

Above values were obtained from:

Saal, F. "Modeling and simulation Capabilities smooth signal-integrity
problems", EDN, Dec. 7, 1995, PP. 141-150.

Regards,

Abe Riazi
[email protected]