Re: [SI-LIST] : Question about Multiple PWBA Ground

Jeff Seeger (
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 14:57:18 -0400 wrote:
> Its been my experience that tooth washers biting into
> PCB metal always loosen.

Particularly with thermal excursions.

> We've had much better luck
> by adding a flat washer between the tooth washer and the pcb.
> The flat washer provides a hard surface so that the tooth
> washer can be compressed between the flat washer and
> the screw head.

This is absolutely the correct way to do this and my
hasty post neglected this detail, sorry!

      Jeff Seeger                         Applied CAD Knowledge Inc
      Chief Technical Officer                  Tyngsboro, MA  01879
      jseeger "at" appliedcad "dot" com                978 649 9800