Re: [SI-LIST] : Question about Multiple PWBA Ground

Laurence Michaels ([email protected])
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:16:56 -0400

"Spencer, David H" wrote:
<snip regarding multiple ground screws holding board to chassis>
> My question is regarding any drawbacks to this configuration. Is there any
> reason not to use multiple connections to chassis; rather than, the ground
> plane connected back through the LVPS.
> This configuration is becoming common place these days.
<snip>
The only thing I can think of is changing the ESD and EMC
characteristics.

The exact changes will differ from board to board.

--
Laurence Michaels
Not speaking for GDC