Re: [SI-LIST] : Question about Multiple PWBA Ground

Laurence Michaels (
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:16:56 -0400

"Spencer, David H" wrote:
<snip regarding multiple ground screws holding board to chassis>
> My question is regarding any drawbacks to this configuration. Is there any
> reason not to use multiple connections to chassis; rather than, the ground
> plane connected back through the LVPS.
> This configuration is becoming common place these days.
The only thing I can think of is changing the ESD and EMC

The exact changes will differ from board to board.

Laurence Michaels
Not speaking for GDC
All Our SUVs Are Certified Dolphin-Safe!