Re: [SI-LIST] : 20-H Rule for Power Planes

S. Weir ([email protected])
Sun, 30 May 1999 02:08:09 -0700

I don't think so. The geometry of the planes themselves still has the
abrupt edge. All we have done is to move the center point of the fringing
pattern so that the field gradients across any susceptor antennae, (
traces, metalwork ) near the board edge is less. To do what you suggest, I
believe that we would need a material where we could grade the dielectric
constant. Does anyone feel differently?

Steve