Re: [SI-LIST] : 20-H Rule for Power Planes

Bill Dempsey ([email protected])
Thu, 27 May 1999 18:25:23 -0500

Mike Mayer wrote:

> I have no experience one way or the other with this, but I get
> suspicious of rules that have no solid data to back them up. A similar

(snip)

> I would be very interested in simulation results.
>
> --
> Mike Mayer Artesyn Communication Products, Inc
> Madison, WI
> http://www.artesyn.com/cp

Apparently this is proprietary data only (a la Cisco). When pressured
to show
results it's a convenient answer to state proofs are proprietary.

I too would love to see simulation results. I have talked to several
respected folks in the industry who did not see a correlation to the
20H rule (when as Vrbanac says "just doing digital"). Of course, no one
here
was addressing microwave antenna design. Just hoping that their digital
planes
didn't become an effective radiator. Right?

Has anyone designed boards with and without the 20H rule and tested them
against
each other? Or are we happy with several of the "proofs" that are out
there? I'm
all for an experiment....

Bill Dempsey
DNA Enterprises, Inc.