Re: [SI-LIST] : use of this List

Laurence Michaels ([email protected])
Wed, 19 May 1999 10:55:14 -0400

I find it annoying to get targetted for marketting, just for posting
something to an email list. I particularly dislike email marketting,
even more when it isn't in response to a request I made. I've had sales
engineers (FAEs, etc.) send me large (>1 MByte) powerpoint presentations
about a product that I already have, and even mentioned in the email I
sent to the list.

At the very least, READ the message before sending the marketting info.

Some FAEs seem to forget that a sales brochure is not a solution.

Regards,
-- Laurence
No Spam, please.

Doug Piper wrote:

> Apology to the List:
>
> I'm extremely sorry if anyone is offended by my monitoring the reflector
> for potential customers who may need our products or services. I believe
> that reflectors are a great place to share knowledge/solutions and I don't
> feel that I've ever abused the privilege by contacting anyone in a
> offending way.
>
> I am an electrical engineer and enjoy the reflector dialog and I apologize
> to anyone and everyone who's offended.

<snip contact information>