RE: FW: [SI-LIST] : FPC impedance control

Heyfitch, Vadim ([email protected])
Fri, 7 May 1999 09:15:56 -0700

The typical tan(delta)=< 0.02 for FR4.
G=w*C*tan(delta)

Vadim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 7:15 AM
To: 'Radu Talkad'; 'SigIntg POSTINGS'
Subject: RE: FW: [SI-LIST] : FPC impedance control

Hello Radu-

I may have misunderstood your question...

FR-4 is a dielectric, glass fiber mat embedded in an epoxy, and is thus an
insulator. When you ask for FR-4's conductivity, are you really asking for
its dielectric breakdown voltage, or perhaps (in ohms) the insulation
resistance value for FR-4?

Michael Alderete