[SI-LIST] : fork, endfork and more fork

Syed Huq ([email protected])
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:00:49 -0700 (PDT)

It would be quite painful to describe these sort of toplogies by hand. It
should be left upto a simulator that can read the PCB database and generate
the topology automatically. The one that can do this easily is
XTK(www.viewlogic.com)

Syed.
Cisco Systems, Inc

> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:32:45 -0700
> From: Stephen Peters <[email protected]>
>

> Otto Benning wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using IBIS 3.0 and the question is
> >
> > I am trying to model the circuit board traces of a memory board
> > how do I model forks in side of forks
> > example
> >
> > Fork
> > Len = 20
> > Fork
> > Len =30
> > Endfork
> >
> > or
> > are they just separate forks, no matter how many times the traces
> > has forks in it.
> >
> > example
> > fork
> > Len = 20
> > Endfork
> > Fork
> > Len = 30
> > Endfork
> >

> The first example describes a trace (of Len=20) that branches (forks) from
some unspecified main trace, then a trace (of Len=30) that forks from the
> previous fork:
>

> main trace -------------------+------------------------
> |

> Len=20 at this point +-------------------- (Len=30)
> |

> The second example describes two forks (one of Len=20, the other Len=30)
that branch from the same point on an again unspecified main trace -- in other
words, a 'Y' or 'V' type structure.

> The general algorithm for producing this kind of tree diagram (there is some
> formal name for this style of topological description but I can't think of it
off hand) is:
> 1. Start walking down a path
> 2. If a branch (fork) is encountered, then branch from this main path.
> 3. Walk down the branch until a matching endfork is encountered.
> 4. Return to the main path at the point at which the fork occurred and
continue
> tracing the main path.
>
> Of course, while is step 3, step 2 can be called recursively. I hope this
> helps.
>
> Regards,
> Stephen Peters
> Intel Corp.

In the BODY of message put: UNSUBSCRIBE si-list, for more help, put HELP.